Chris focuses his practice on construction law, surety representation, and employment law. He assists clients with performance and payment conflicts, contract negotiation, and all forms of alternative dispute resolution and litigation. His goal is to help clients resolve problems with practical solutions that make the most business sense.
Chris earned his J.D., cum laude, from the SMU Dedman School of Law, where he was a recipient of the Dean’s Scholarship, a member of the Dean’s List, and an editor for the SMU International Law Review Association. During law school, Chris served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Elizabeth Lang-Miers in the Texas Court of Appeals, Fifth District, and the Honorable Emily Tobolowsky in the 298th Civil District Court.
Construction and Surety
- Representation of developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers through all stages of the construction process
- Representation of sureties in payment and performance bond disputes
- Representation of employers and employees in connection with non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, and employment agreements
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Courts of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Arbitration Involving Non-Signatories, Surety Claims Institute Newsletter, Vol. 30, No.1, at 18 (2017).
- Recent Developments Fidelity & Surety Law, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Vol. 52-2 (2017).
- To Compel or Not to Compel: Non-Signatories to Arbitration Agreements, Construction Law Journal, Vol. 13, No. 1, at 2o (2016).
- Recent NLRB Ruling Changes Standard for Classification of Joint Employers, Fidelity & Surety Committee Newsletter (ABA), Winter 2016, at 8, 17-18.
- Public Owner’s Duty to Act in Good Faith, Modern Contractor Solutions, May 2014
- Vicarious Liability for Sexual Harassment, Modern Contractor Solutions, January 2014
- Negotiating Change Provisions, Change Orders, and Change Directives, Modern Contractor Solutions, October 2013
- American Bar Association (Forum on Construction Law & Young Lawyers Division)
- State Bar of Texas (Construction Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Business Law Sections)
- Dallas Bar Association (Construction Law & Alternative Dispute Resolution Sections)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- University of Central Oklahoma (B.S., Accounting)