Taylor uses her litigation skills in a wide variety of practice areas including: insurance defense, construction law, surety representation, bankruptcy, buyer-seller disputes and employment law. Taylor is a proud graduate of the University of Texas at Austin and the SMU Dedman School of Law. As a law student, Taylor employed her passion for advocacy through involvement with moot court and pro bono legal efforts. In her first year of law school, Taylor was recognized for far exceeding the State Bar’s pro bono requirements and became a member of the Law Student Pro Bono College. In her final year of law school, Taylor authored an essay titled “Are Men and Women Treated Equally in the Workplace?: A Pregnant Question,” and submitted it to the 2021 Texas Law Student Writing Competition put on by the State Bar of Texas’ Women and Law Section. Taylor’s legal essay won the competition – earning her prize money and the publication of her submission. Taylor continues to use her legal research and writing skills in her professional career through motion practice and participation with legal publications.
- Representation of insurers and their policyholders through all stages of the civil litigation process.
CONSTRUCTION AND SURETY
- Representation of developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers through all stages of the construction process and construction litigation.
- Representation of sureties in payment and performance bond disputes.
- Resolution of lien disputes.
- Representation of buyers in disputes against sellers or developers of property.
- Prosecute and defend claims involving non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.
- Prosecute and defend claims involving breach of employment agreements.
- Representation of employers in shareholder disputes.
- Representation of creditors throughout bankruptcy process – specifically insurance or bond companies exposed to liability by bonded entities declaring bankruptcy.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Courts of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of Texas
PUBLICATIONS AND AWARDS
- Harriet E. Miers Writing Competition Award -First Place in the State Bar of Texas Women and the Law Section’s Texas Law Student Writing Competition for article “Are Men and Women Treated Equally in the Workplace?: A Pregnant Question,”
- 2023 Fidelity & Surety Law Committee Electronic Payment Bond Deskbook (Co-Author of Oklahoma Section)
- Dallas Bar Association
- SMU Dedman School of Law (J.D., 2021) · University of Texas at Austin (B.A. – Government, 2018)